Saturday, 14 June 2014

Why I Love Cooking


Cooking is a leisurely ritual to me, which ends with an attractive meal on my plate an incredible flavour explosion in my mouth. This process begins in my head before I ever get to the kitchen, when I imagine how the food will look and how it will taste. The kind of meal I cook depends on the season, since I tend to use only fresh vegetables, meat, fish, fruits and herbs from our region. I get them at our local farmers’ market downtown, where I usually have a small talk with the farmers. Immediately after I arrive home, I start to prepare the meal, which always puts me in a good mood. I love the smell of fresh, shredded herbs and the sound of crunchy vegetables when I cut them with the knife as well as the sizzle of hot oil when I slowly put a peace of meat into the pan. Although preparing food might seem an elaborate and time-consuming activity, I enjoy taking part in this transformation process. Afterwards, I put a first piece of my meal into my mouth, close my eyes and slowly start chewing. Unsurprisingly, every time it is an exciting experience and a pleasurable sensation.

[202 words]


No comments:

Post a Comment