Dear
Anja,
Thank
you for your letter with all the details about your lovely house and surroundings.
Just a few additional things – you mentioned we could play sports in your
garden, for example, badminton. But you weren’t clear whether we were the only
people who were allowed to use your garden for that. I mean, do you mind if we
invite your neighbours if we need any additional player? Other than that,
everything looks fine. Now, as promised, here is everything you need to know
about our place.
The
house
It is
easy to get to the house using public transport. I’ve arranged to leave the key
with my neighbour on the ground floor. If you have any problems with anything
during your stay, just ask him. Fillip is very friendly; if you need any kind
of help, just ask him. This guy will give you the apartment key, which is the
same key for the lift as well, so I’ve asked him to show you how everything
works. In the apartment you can use all the appliances you find. Everything
works properly and nothing is complicated to operate, well, maybe with the
exception of the dishwasher. If you want to start it, gently push the start button – I have to warn you, this
machine doesn’t like violence. Before you leave the apartment, please unplug
all the devices. I might be a bit paranoid, but I think this helps to prevent
any unpleasant accidents caused by electronic devices.
Food
I’ll
leave you something to eat in the fridge for when you arrive. If you want to
buy any other groceries, we have a local supermarket just around the corner. By
the way, in case you don’t fancy cooking for yourself and you don’t want to go
far, the coffee shop in the neighbourhood - it’s also a bakery - does very good
food for breakfast and snacks. The coffee they serve is also fantastic! Make
sure to try it! Walking there will take you only a few minutes. You can find more
opportunities to eat out downtown. There are Capperi! and Torona,
which are famous for their good food, but I should warn you that they are also
a bit pricey. I would steer clear of the restaurants on the main street of our
district, though. The food is awful there and is not worth your money.
Places
to see
The
main attraction in Graz is, obviously, the city center. It’s a bit touristy, though.
I would recommend you go to Eggenberg -
just take the tram line 1, going to Eggenberg.
There is a beautiful garden there, where you can have a relaxing walk and take
a look at rare sorts of trees and flowers. If you are interested in the baroque
palace and its history or architecture, you should visit the exhibitions there.
The one in the new building showing Roman treasures is fantastic. It captivated
me, though such things had never interested me before. If you decide to go downtown
anyway, you should walk up the Schloßberg,
a former fortress on the big hill in the city centre and explore it. From the
top you have a wonderful view of the entire city. You should take some photos
there. You will not regret it. If you want to go shopping, you’re best going to K&Ö, the big department store just
off the Main Square (Hauptplatz). I will
leave you a city map with descriptions of a few places which are a bit off the
beaten path.
Well,
that’s about it. Should you need anything else or if you’ve got any special
requests, please feel free to contact us.
I’m
looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Kristina
[617 words]
[617 words]
No comments:
Post a Comment