Wednesday, 12 March 2014

Blogs


A new semster has just started and I'm back again on my blog :-)
Last week we've got a task to look through the blogs of other students from the last year (WS13), which were chosen by our teachers as the best of the best. I looked through all of them and, I must admit, a few of them impressed me. Below you will find a few reasons, why, I think, the chosen blogs were among the best ones: 
- the layout of the blog. To be honest, the first impression made is based on colours and pictures we see before we start reading. My attention was caught by colourful pictures. Moreover, the blogs of other students look, let's say, harmonic and well organised. It was pleasant to look at them before I started  to read the posts. That gave me an idea to change some layout properties in my blog. Now, I think, it looks better than before.

- personal communication with the audience. I was surprised by the fact that I liked reading the post, where the author addressed the audience directly, like "hey, guys" or "see you, guys". I had a feeling the person was talking to me personally. However, I tend to keep distance with the reader when I post. Why? Because I like to talk to people. In other words, I prefer to communicate with them face-to-face instead of writing to some unknown crowd.  If people want to know me better, they should to ask me questions personally. Apart from that, I would prefer to have discussions, but not just posts. What do you think?

- topics, experience, impresssions... My jaw fell, when I saw the chosen topics, which were quite challenging (for example, about Nelson Mandela). What a great research work was done! Even photos and videos were included. However, I'm more attracted to stories about travel. A few stories about places I've never heard before have captivated me. And these places are not even far away from Austria! The way they were described made me curious. I should mark them on the map just as a reminder for my next vacation. By the way, putting a map when students write about places they have visited or their travel routes is a fantastic idea. I think, I should use maps also for my stories.

Well, now I have a few ideas how to improve my blog. Just one last thing: labels. I didn't know they were important. Even if our teachers had told us about that last semester, I've simply forgotten. But why not to put them right now to this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment