Look at the picture above. This one was taken in the hotel room focusing
on the calm blue sea. Maybe you can recognise banana plants and palms on it?
Can you already imagine what place it could be? It is Ocho Rios and it is
located on the north coast of Jamaica, two hours car-driving from Montego Bay.
I was there on my holiday two years ago. I did enjoy friendly people, delicious
food, Planters Punch already at midday and relaxed atmosphere. At the beginning
of my stay I was quite surprised about the loud carol of crickets, which lasted
from dusk till dawn. I thought I wouldn’t be able to sleep at all because of
this racket. Surprisingly I could. I could even enjoy it sitting on the terrace
or room’s balcony in the evening. How does it sound? Well, imagine playing a
steel drum. I bet this musical instrument was invented in order to imitate the
carol of crickets.
Every time I see this photo it reminds me about the time I
spent in Jamaica. I would like to visit it once again, sometime in the future. And
additionally to just staying in a hotel resort all the time I would like to
jaunt to the Blue Mountains. Because there one of the best coffees in the world
called Jamaican Blue Mountain is harvested. But in the meantime the picture taken
in the hotel room focusing on the calm Caribbean Sea will bring me back to Ocho
Rios only in my memories…
No comments:
Post a Comment